Sunday, August 10, 2008

Oops

Oops indeed,Ive been away a fair bit haven't I? But the good bit about that is that I ve been spinning heaps and knitting even more ,..And like so many others I ve been getting lost in Ravelry! At first when I joined I didnt really visit much and couldnt see the point of trawling and a record of my stash and patterns was just a guilt trip especially when I was adding even more,no, only a portion of my stash is on my stash page! I just havent the time to photo and document them but Im getting there....the same applies to the projects page,theres a lot more lurking in various parts of the house,dont get me started with the fibre stash.....

Anyhoo, on the knitting front!


  • Ive only got a 4 inches to finish the last side of my Dads Jet vest,hopefully will polish that off tonight and just the ribbing to go...

  • While in the LWS,Chezs on friday I added to stash with some chocolate Studio Mohair( to add to the pale pink lot I bought last week...),more Patonyle and some Inca and a ball of darkish blue Jigsaw sock yarn.I find it a bit harsh to knit but boy it goes throught the washing machine just super!

  • That Inca is already growing into a Crochetted scarf for my Mum as an extra when I send Dads vest over so she wont feel left out. I was asked by my Boss at work to show her how to do a scarf out of the same yarn but I wasnt sure ,just gave her the basics and thought Id try one too.Im pleased with it,a bit wonky at the beginning but a couple of flowers should cover that,LOL Im using a 7mm hook ,a purple metalic one,very quick,I did one ball waiting for Hubby I the Truck outside Bunnings.. with two squabbling boys...

  • Ive started, ripped and started a vest thingy from Creative Knittings last issue(yes Iknow all are old patterns etc BUT I dont have them) in green Zoomie,really "Zoomed" through the back last night and by 10.30 looked and realised Id made a size 4 year,hes only about 18mths so I started agian in athe 2yr old size,all guess work as its a surprise!

  • I meant to sew the rest of my Studio Mohair in blue jacket up so I could use when I take Sam into Kal for his Friends For Life course on Wednesday but things got in the way...

  • Carded up another supermarket box of Finn/Romney fleece,Im hoping to spin the last two bobbins for a pair of socks for Dad,hopefully Christmas pressie,very pleased with last two!

  • Got a pile of mags in Kal too,the lastest Spinoff,a knitting mag I havent seen before,or was that a Crocheting one,it had a amurigami Octopus in it,had to have it,the Kids were driving me up the wall and I need some retail therapy,especially when Telstra staff told me I couldnt get my new phone as they were changing over something or other and couldnt do my old sim card in the new phone there and then,grrr,#*#*# Telstra!!!

  • Started a pair of bed socks for the Under 13 coach on the way to town..

Hmmm heaps of projetcs and few not mentioned but I should be able to polish the most important ones by August end...


Back with more piccies later!

3 comments:

  1. I would love to learn how to knit. Looks like you've got talent! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have been busy! Glad to read your update. I have been thinking - I must make you something for Pay It Forward!! Eeek!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The vest looks lovely in the green. You have been very busy even if you don't have photos. It is nice to read about what people are doing.

    ReplyDelete