Monday, December 08, 2014

I here back at last

I should be reading while its quiet but have been wrapping gifts and planning the Christmas ahead, I have to write a 1700 words essay in two weeks as its due on my second sons 21st yikes,so need it sort of done by Christmas,Nature and its influence on Islamic Art,it seems the easier of selection of topics,what have I got myself into....
Been busy as usaul with art works,my lastest efforts,the first Id done ags ago and was going to destroy it in a drawing unit,layers attempt,anyhow something struck a cord so I kept it,a staffy at school,one of my fav support persons,commented if i was going to trash it could he have it,so off to Kmart and found a black frame,it look better in real life I can assure you,Im hoping he will be happy with it,have to glue it to a firm 300 gram card,wasted some darn good water colour paper but after pressing it sits nicely,he wont know I signed it a couple days ago so it actually upside down,lol
 And this one was an experiment,I did another not as well cover but I looove the effect,found a gorgeous frame for it too very like above,off to a mate too. I did heaps of prints for swaps this year,the plate lasted long enough for 25 prints,sending one to my Mum and to an Aunty. Theres a couple good mates leaving school so am giving them one each in these awesome frames,very antiguey. based a on a picture I took at Munglinup,"Banksia muziessi"
Rolling this sucker was tricky,I made it a print of four,I want one for me and another as gift but I doubt Ill get to it now since the ESSAY will consume my days from now,one more after this one and Im free I tell IM FREEEEEE.
See here I am,I spent four days alone..the boys went fishing,one came home with third degree burns,doubt hell go again,yes I found the timer again on camera,try as I might that ladder is like a blasted homing pigeon
 My beautiful gardenia is still flowering....Ive asked the boys to get me a partiucaly beautiful hydrangea from the local Nursery,things are a bit tight this year and Id love the plant as my gift this year,$18 is a great price,Ill put it in a pot down in my corner so I can keep the blue,if I plant it revert to pink,Ive dropped a hint for a work bench from Mitre 10,its $99 to put my press on,the older boys are doing better than me,at least a hint theyll spend money wisely,I wonder if that  a bit presumptuous. did a deal with Hubby I bought him a special fishing rod for $70 the work bench is near enough.Then i can get a blanket around $48,for press and try etching,did a hand burnished one last week,I can see the potential....I did grass trees,hoping to follow that idea for finals next year

 Oh and just to add an experiment i did,will follow this one up later as an addition to art journal..did a red black version like above too.
Had my first cortisone injection yesty,praying it works,retching a shoulder muscle this morning hasn't help determine its success,work tomorrow but i wont be doign heavy lifting for as long as I can,seconf should is bursitus plus a torn tendon,sounds bad? try working with it.I cant hold the hose very long so will have to buy a nozzle thingy out of my pocket,dang it...

2 comments:

  1. Your fav support person has a good eye for art. That drawing? looks great. Sometimes we are too close to the work we produce, and a frame often lifts it to another level. Keep experimenting!

    ReplyDelete