Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Back Again

Oh dear! it has been a while! I had a week off the week before last when I picked up that ghastly fluey cold going around,acually I worked Monday ,mowed the Sports park and by one it had come in dusty rain so I was frozen by the time I got back to the shed,by 4 I was dying from bug!!!!'Thankfully pottering around at home I was a lot better y Thursday...
pumpkin soup made by Hubby,a new made up sock pattern in some of Yarnivorous gorgeous hand dyed wool and bits and pieces to keep me happy....
I cleaned up enough to set everything up to have some much needed fun as I havent had time off properly for 3 years (except that 8 days away to visit parents last July,not rest time though) I bounced from the Roberta Wheel to the sock on the table all day!! I got half a sock done and full bobbin of white alpaca and started the brown(99 cents worth off ebay...).All plied now but havent taken a piccie yet,gloves they shall be... Finished off the Silk wool socks for a friend,very happy with them,I think they are the first ones made just for her,delighted she was!!! This week Ive taken off as annual leave to help Hubby finally get the tiling etc done,half the Bath is done, finish tommorrow and then grout,we did the front verandah Monday and I started the grouting but the wind was up and warm so the grout went off too quick,may have to do again.Bugger,hard on the hands especially when theres a lovelt English Leicester/corredale to play with....Kitchen I hope will be on the way by tomorrow arvo..no divorce plans ..yet.....


Bath ,1.30pm today...

6pm tonight....

other veiws....

imagine a lovely green fern hanging near the glass bricks?
Doesnt look real upmarket, its a normal small room and when the fittings are in,it will look better...dont like the all white but that was Hubbys choice.At least I got say more in the Kitchen,LOL


On the spinning front Ive done another navajo plied ball of black merino/corredale and am really loving playing with raw fleece again..on the search for a white fleece in the same mix/cross,hopefully Hubby wont find out,I have an equally large stash of fleece too..woolistaking over the house,weliterally fight toget down the hall and its stashed in nearly every cupboard,finding stuff ive hiddenmonths before is like Christmas,LOL

Back with more later....

2 comments:

  1. Your bathroom is looking fantastic!

    Sorry to hear you haven't been well. Nothing worse.

    I look forward to seeing your handspun. I have been thinking about the spinning lately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha this is a great little blog! you're down to earth and talented, a fresh change on the alter egoistic bloggers around here! :)

    ReplyDelete