Saturday, September 13, 2014

Feeling up there!!!

Im over the worst of that flu,it was a nasty one,Im still tired and need a good nights sleep but soon Ill be back at it,I found for a few days I can get up at 5.15 and spin some before getting son no 5 out and his lunch made,Im sometimes well mostly not late for work but I can work back to cover that,in that time I get some me time for the brain to recover,
currently working on an essay involving Platos principles pertaining to Beauty,Ive chosen Dobells controversial work of "Sir Joshua Smith",1943.oil on cavas.






William Dobell,“Sir Joshua Smith”,1943,(Australian,1899-1970) oil on canvas,122x81,Art Gallery NSW, reproduced from Art Gallery of NSW, http://www.artgallery.nsw.gov.au/prizes/archibald/1943/15672/  (accessed 14/09/2014)


When I first saw this I thought .wow what an undecidably ugly unattractive painting but it has grown on me and I can look at it now and enjoy the process. Anyhow I have to discuss its beauty according to Plato,Im enjoying this but boy its difficult to understand Plato as he or rather the scholars who are discussing his ideas, talk in riddles,just when I think I have a clear understanding,I get lost,because it is a 3rd year essay I have to get it right...
anyhow nearly done with baby blanket,on the fifth bobbin of Finn,the other fleece is sitting there looking at me and I hve feeling its going to wonderful o spin as I washed a staple when it had arrived and I spun it into the current finn/corrie lot last night and wow its wonderful really soft and not as downsy as this current fleece.
so Im not much ahead in projects but Im enjoying not pushing,I have started a pair of socks in some merino from I think loyal? or cleckheaton,in variegated Blues,Birthday for Mother if not done then Christmas gift for someone,havent balled up the yarn from Mandie of EGMTKS either,a shawl and socks there too,I think Mandies shutting her shop,so sad but her new ventures look great and exciting.
Anyway I missed the best show of the wild flowers,too sick to go out but a few pics of the better side of my yard,Hubbys got stuff everywhere,one day ill have my beautiful flower garden back,oh and Bunny decided the new azalea I put in is yummy,its trying to flower too,so better get some chicken wire up
 the only vegies I have at moment,have cut old garden back will soak and finish this week to plant zucchinis,spring onions and lazy housewife beans,only useful vegies this time,water cost too much

 The pig face I knocked a cutting off from the BP servo,lol with permission of course
 Big Red soon to be chopped back and heaps of cutting potted,Big Pinks just taking off,the orange one and a bouble white too,when Hubby gets all teh shop gear off front verandah Ill have at least six flowering geraniums, heaps of flowers coming and going,
" Thunderstorm" eromophilia
  



 yellow eromophilia

 Western red bottle brush on its way to a magnificent display
 beautiful display of Geraldton wax or tea tree,secong is dying back on the left.
 the blank spot Im waiting to add a burgandy tea tree when I can find one,poor sick kangeroo paw there too.

The promise of color,needed the big clutter is trim back this year,a bit of careful work there,loads of thorns involved...
Oh did I say I missed out on Ixchel Fibres Ronadlsay Fibre this week,no time but would have like two of the blue orangey ones

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you are feeling better at last. Wow, those flowers are so beautiful. I love flowers in the garden but I just kill all the plants.

    ReplyDelete