Friday, September 05, 2014

Well Im behind...

Yes,this dreadful disease the boys brought home has been the pits,fatigue and simply "summer cold" type that went on for 5 weeks til the major sinus stuff took over,its taken to my chest, I have crusty eyes at night and they even start running at times during the day,no voice,the boys think thats funny,seriously I haven't been this ill since my baby was 1 months old and even then it lead to a horrid turn at mastitis,the doctor told me it was highly likely the infection was blood born and end up in the milk ducts,terrifying as previously I thought breast cancer was coming my way. Anyhow I vee been on non penicillin ,Riximyacin I think its called,but it took a good three days to kick in,I still went to work,I still run my sons to and from mine bus 4.20am 65ks to Kal then back go to work then back into Kal 65Ks to pick him up,he hit a roo in other car also my little Rio was it,and no way was anyone else driving it,yes mad and now just simply exhausted,btu on the up side I can read now,still a hacking clumpy cough but eyes are better,hes got dream car,a black Holden Colorado,he s going to be broke for a while but Im happy as hes not going to the defence force now.
Last night I read the first one and a half chapters of text book before a major (to me) asthma attack scared me and ended study session,Doctors roused and even when i came back with son for his turn of more pills he sternly roused again,MUST TAKE PREVENTER, yes I hear you,wasnt real keen o this bloke,one of those foreign types you know,difficult to understand,but Im slowing warming to him,his mate I avoid ,both Egyptian I think,I do hope this one in particular ends up a valuable as the last Indian Doctors we had,they were almost part of the family.
I haven't obviously done too much more in knitting etc though a little bit of spinning has seen that rainbow top almost there,an hour and itll be done I feel,the baby blanket is waiting for that extra ball to do the last of the lace edge,not much more on sons first sock but am very happy with the result sooo far.
I have two balls of White Gum wool arrived,in a lovely dark red and a stormy blue,destined to hats for Hubby and myself,hes insisting on wearing the ratty possum one,so glad summers appearing,gives me more time to get these projects done. White Gum is beautifully soft and I love the story behind her wool production.
Ive dug out a couple other project I hope to finish too,handspun,ones a shawl Ive designed myself in denim blues,the other is the leftover from a merino top won as part of a Christmas package,the sock I did are my bed socks now,so soft and warm



the next project is mitten with beads,finally found those in another bag so that project is sitting here waiting. I still have to ball up that green sock wool too,one will be a travelling woman shawl now one socks and the third i dont know,Christmas is getting closer,so I should get moving, I did spy some interesting baby wool in local shop which came home also socks for end of year.gee the list gets longer....

1 comment:

  1. Is that your shawl, because the colours are just beautiful. There hasn't been a big flu here, but so many viruses, and they are pretty awful, so I hope you are feeling properly better soon.

    ReplyDelete