Friday, September 22, 2006

It didn't take them long...

Just looky at these,has anyone tried them yet? I am dying to find out! Fancy coming up with the idea in the first place!
I wonder if you could knit in the cinema!!!!
Went shopping yesterday and bought the last of the Panda 5 ply(we think,its not labled) to play with 8 balls in all,as all the new dyes have arrived along with 400g of Moorit fleece that has me looking everywhere for the rest of my treadly as it won't do to use the Ertoel wheel,too fast!!!!The fleece was supposed to be fresh of sheeps back but its a bit stiff so with the weather warming up,I wiil be able to put it out in the sun!
Its a sort of dark caramel to smokey colour,I missed the lovely caramel one but this has a long staple, 6 inch, so I am happy to play with it.I must find someone closer so I can 'class "it as it comes off baa baa.
The wheel I was dreaming of is the Ashford wheel and I like the idea of being able to fold it away and take it places to show people how spinning is done(had a lot of surprises looks when I prattle on about spinning,especially when I am expecting a parcel.....)

this looks interesting too,I was looking at the adds on the inteweave site this morning !its fromLittle Knits in Seatle which I gather is in the States,I am sort of dreaming about getting a skein just to try it ,it would be neat to give to one of the staff at school and tell them what it's made of, Sea Weed....Looks very interesting,if anyone has used it let me know what you think of it.isn't it fascinating what yarns can be made now.....

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm. Spinning! That seaweed yarn looks so silky! Seaweed stuff and silk. Sounds weird, but looks nice!

    ReplyDelete