Thursday, December 27, 2007

Ok!

Christmas is over,2 days back at work and I worked my RDO so I could have 4 days,yep! 4 days off .
Being Fridee afternon,I ve had a shower to remove all the pulverised roo dooey off me and in me(as in ears and nose) not sure how much I swallowed but we wont go there... from the MTD chewing up the lawn(what there is of it,got very scorched yesty in the 43' heat) so thought Id update here before taking the boys to the local pool

I got covered with the forementioned everytime I turned around with the wind blowing the dusty bits straight over me,next time Ill get the boys to make a wee movie and you can all see it in motion,LOL But I did notice that pumping up the tires helps to speed up a bit too,I spent nearly an hour yesty disarming and searching everywhere for the necessary parts to be able to even pump the retched things up.I was hoping to cut the sports oval early but by 10 it was turning a little nasty, temp wise,now Im watching that Cyclone up North, and I may be out there bright and early Monday as any rain on the field now will make it vertually impossible to cut with this partly useless ride on! Anyone else out there use an MTD,the green and yellow Yardman model? Parts are different to the US ones, getting the right ones here is almost impossible! Anyone got a match,oops I didnt write that......

Iv nearly finished the second bobbin of Mandies 1st edition of the Fibre Club and am dyeing to start the Optum,I aimed on having one bobbin done to start the Entrelac Socks from IK Holiday Knits,tried entrelac before and it doesnt like me but Im biting the thing by the 'needle' and want to try it again (last time it was wash cloth..)

With Christmas done Id like to show off my pressies that wonderful Santa dragged down the skinny chimney!

My oldest enlisted the aid of a friends Mum who was working in Holey Sheet to
pick this!Vanilla,magnolia and apple scent,just beautiful...And the other boys were led by Son no3 to seek out this pendant(by the way P has beautiful taste in jewelry,never failed to surprise me) and Dad helped them with this! The big box(with prompting from me earlier this year,seeing that a gift voucher from my LWS wasnt going to happen,only wanted a wee bit of Patonyle)..

A very Good Friend ,P found this little treasure(as DH reminded me I had a similar one put away for her and clean forgot it but Ill tuck it away and get a nice pair of socks done and surprise her later)

But the biggest surprise was this!


Dh actually carried it down the street in Kal on his shoulders and told us he'd been shopping for the family,it was heavy but he didnt spend much on it,I was none the wiser til Chrissy Morn when he had changed the label to say it was for "Mum from the family"! Only after taking all the paper off did I realise what he d done,must have been having a dumb blonde moment there! He was very pleased with his suberfuge! I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall as he had to help the lovely lady as the sewing shop wrap it all up,she really got in the swing of Christmas he reckoned,Ill say, considering how much she had on it,a nice late shopping trade for her,LOL



Of course I had to give it a demo to show him what it could do! Its packed away til I find a special spot for it!

Im so looking forward to the Socks That Rock Club starting even though I have far too many UFOs !And I have my eye on some Noro Silk Garden from the UK too, the colour is quite rare now and Id like to snatch up a bit to make that vest from Knitty before winter arrives! Its a pity not more of the shops here stock this yarn as it costs a small fortune to ship from O/S!

Anyway Ill finish off now with a basket of flowers picked from my garden, messy as it is at moment, similiar ones were going for $ 20 to 40 at Woollies!!!! This was our table centre!

2 comments:

  1. OOOOOOOOooooh~ Who's the spoiled girl this year?? Wowee!
    A Janome!, pretty teapot, gorgeous jewelry box (and go with!) (love the mirror view -giggle), and I have no idea who/what Holey Sheet is- but I want some! >pout<
    Seriously-I am such a sucker for stuff like that although I rarely buy it. Girly stuff is always good.
    ;)
    But I have to admit- as nice, beautiful,thoughtful, and fun all your presents were/are- my favourite thing you showed us was your table centrepiece. I nearly cried Cathie... it is simply beautiful . I am so proud of you for growing such beauty. And you certainly have a knack for flower arranging too!
    Thank You for sharing with us- here's hoping there's less roo doo in your future- a little less heat too- 43!?! Bleh! :p
    I've not yet spun my fibre club goodies- so don't feel bad! I am currently working on the Yarn 8 shawl by Sarah Golder. Photos on my blog when I am done... hopefully before the new year!
    Happy Holidays and may you have lots of time for fibrey goodness play in the cool of the night at least!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab looking sewing machine you've got there Cathie! What a great pressie! Merry Christmas!

    (ps - have you received your payment details for the STR club already...please tell me I haven't missed mine as spam....)

    ReplyDelete