Monday, April 14, 2008

The Wonderful ISE5 Box

Its here and what fun it was to unpack!! My wonderful Secret Pal Angel sent over a gorgeous Pink Irish Hiking Scarf(love that pattern) with yummy Peaches N Cream, lovely washcloths and the loveliest pair of needles,just the right size for scarf needles!!!
The scarf is all quishy and so soft,made out of Bernat CashmereIts now on my wish list to try it myself!!! Theres a lot of cold winter mornings watching Hockey where its going to be my best friend,LOL ThanksAmanda,you rule!!!!
Heres a somewhat, hmmmm not ideal ,piccie of me wearing it,(home from work with scruffy hair and dusty uniform but you can get the idea how thick it is!!

A bit post heavy but you can see why Im so happy!!!!

4 comments:

  1. What a great swap!!! All of your goodies look gorgeous... I love the scarf. I'm sure it will keep you super warm on those chilli mornings at hockey..

    Jodie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:58 AM

    Ooooh, pretty! The pink looks fabbo on you, too. You'll be the envy of all the other frozen hockey mums. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh, lucky duck! What a gorgeous scarf! It looks nice and soft and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I'd replied, but hey, not so much!

    I'm very glad it got there OK, thanks for being patient about my timing.

    The cashmere yarn is simply *gorgeous* to knit with, it's completely pettable. Everyone who saw it in progress immediately wanted it! I think it's a nice weight for the Australian winter, as it's nice and soft and light, but still warm. If you want, we can arrange a yarn swap for Australian yarn for more o' the cashmere! ;-)

    I'm completely addicted to washcloths now, they're instant gratification knitting. I'm absolutely spoiled by the cotton I can get here, great big cones directly from the manufacturer. I can't remember if I put the patterns in there. If I didn't, and you'd like them, just give me a shout, and I'll email them to you.

    ReplyDelete