Sunday, November 04, 2007

Another weekend...

Before I forget,I commented on In a Spin and am passing on this, haven t seen the movie but thought the idea is neat so will search out the film as well!

“I will send a handmade gift to the first three people who leave a comment on my blog requesting to join this PIF exchange. I don’t know what that gift will be yet and you may not receive it tomorrow or next week… but you will receive it within 365 days, that is my promise! The only thing you have to do in return is pay it forward by making the same promise on your blog.”
Ive seen it on other blogs and thought Id put it on here! Sounds like fun and open to lots of little gift ideas so we ll see how it goes!!!
Leave a comment if interested and Ill email you so we can organise addresses etc!


It was my day off on Friday and you'd think I would be a bit more rested but I slept a good deal yesterday and I suspect if I had a couple more days off Id probably sleep them away too!
Enjoyed Friday though,went shopping and bought a couple pairs of jeans(one size up as Ive put a wee bit on,grrr) and a pair of 4/3 at Target for $29,pleased with them ,size 8 a great fit. I had a shopping buddy with me,a special friend needing a friend and a break for the day and we had a ball checking out each others butt (much better than breaking ones neck in trying to see everything in the mirror,) to make sure we didnt buy the wrong thing,LOL
After a mad dash to finish a bit of Xmas shopping I called in at Chez's to pick up some goodies for the ISE5 and some special yarn to dye for the Tea cosy swap on Ravelry!
I managed to get that dyed today and so far its the colour as requested,just hope the tone is right,Iwont show it here incase she wanders by....However I will show the other bit I worked on when its dry! Its different to the TCS,but just as yummy!!!
Im nearly finished the first washcloth,should have it done ages ago(read that as this week) but have so many on the go that each is growing so slowly.I ve also started the shawl for the J who is my sons Aide at school ,expecting in January,I hought an Heirloom Shawl might do the trick(meaning i wanted to do it and J gave me the excuse) Must find a separate special gift for her too,nealy 3 years shes worked with Son 4 and without her,he wouldnt be where he is now!The shawl is out of a book I bought of Ebay and is Patons Layettes and Shawls Book 1095,gorgeous simple patterns that Ill make good use of in the furture!
This wash cloth is Sugar n'Cream in a cinnamin with blue, green and dark pink destined for a male teacher but Im a bit concerned with the amount of pink thats come through and am hoping the Cinnamon Soap from Mandies will make it more masculine,he he he,see how it goes!
Im nearly at the end of it and then I want to do a mint one to go with the choc mint soap!
Unfortunately I havent made it to spin like I wanted to but maybe with the pool opening this Cool weekend I may get some done there!
I think I made it into the Socks That Rock Club and have been issued a number, have to post off a form airmailed this week to make sure!
Im also looking forward to trying out Mandies Fibre Club too,cant wait to see what she will surprise us with,limited spaces but I hope I can join when it opens!
Lokked at a new sewing machine too while in town and am very tempted but have to check out my budget first and having a nice little tax return helps,I could call it my Chrissy Present? A Janome Professioal Memory Craft 6000, on special until Xmas when Ill know if I can afford to pay it off!I was after a carder but after looking at this machine I felt it was worth looking at!!!! Im setting myself up for a time when I wont be working and Ill have all the good quality macines to last me! We dont know yet when we will move from here but when we do I have to start over with looking for a new job etc, it will be a bit tight for money but at least ill have all the goodies!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. That shawl is going to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great pattern book from Patons, I have it too, and have knitted a couple of layette's from it. Haven't done a shawl yet though.

    ReplyDelete