Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Just a quickie and Im back with photos

I'm nearly done with essay,after a panic last night where I couldn't find where a certain quote cam e from I found another and it s looking better,don't know how Ill go mark wise but I thinks a better essay than first,Ill rewrite a bit of it through today but I want it ready to go tomorrow morning so I can enjoy the last day of holidays with boys and clean up the vege garden etc
Anyhow Im nearly done with green vest,Ill aim on getting front band of Featherweight done next,spin up another top from Charley,Wenslydale in purples and pinks,hoping for enough for a waistcoat vest thingy And then get ready for final essay sub
http://yarnmonster.blogspot.com.au/2007/01/drawstring-bag-tutorial.html
And this I want to mark to use up some fat quarters I have around..after I put son 2 s quilt together,went to sew the blocks up this break but I have a pile of pinwheels yet to assemble,stupid me also didn't cut/sew them properly so now I dont have their colours matched but I sorted the according to tonals so it ll be still ok,wont really know til I get it together and if it isnt then I have an excuse to do another.
No pics today too cold yesterday with gale force winds and felt at least 5 " but Weather bureau put it at 8 " in Kal,we re usually colder out here but I forgot to put gauge out to test
Oh and I ve finished the Camel Bunny Silk,its setting as Im going to leave it a single for a shawl,don't want anotehr hat yet and if Id plied it there wouldn't have been much
Pica later today,the sun appearing a little bit.
I went for a walk with Tilly this morning,it was still cold and the wind brisk but she was rearing to go,we think old age is catching her up and she spends a lot of time hiding in the linen press..cause no body ever shuts the bloody door,anyhow she seems out of odds until you call walkies,we spell it now as she knows what going on and gets excited
 Ptilotus is very close to flowering,marvelous plants,the crown can withstand really dry times and a bit of rain and off they go!
 A spot of yellow,Im hoping there ll be some yellow paper daisies this year,saw a few promising plants
 This field will soon be all pinks!the famous WA paper daisies


 Unusual gums around here
 And this one I dont know what it is but it was white through deep cerise,so pretty


 Of course the Cassia or Punty Bush as I grew up knowing it as
 Thick moss over rock in what was still quite wet from last rain
 More yellow!
 And hiding in here was a flock of Zebra finches,Tilly wouldnt stay still and they made sure the foliage was between me and them so no clear shot!!

 The bush we walked out of

And lastly the few pinks starting to show,the biggest thrill was the Blue Wren and his wives that flitted past,so vivid blue he dazzled,so excited to see them cause I thought they were more down towards Esperance!!

3 comments:

  1. Im sorry to say Google has locked me out of this particular blog Ive had since 2005 so Ive started again over here..http://myfivesons65.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi

    I am interested in advertising at your site http://myfivesons.blogspot.com. My site is http://www.livepricecompare.com.au/ , beddingsquare.com.au and mybabystore.com.au. Can you please tell me about available ads slots and prices? How much for blogpost?
    Thanks

    Faisal

    ReplyDelete
  3. your flower pics here are lovely..............I know this is an older post but I was going back thru your blog after I finally found it............google plus won't let me reply to your comments on my blog...........

    ReplyDelete